Vision to reality – Millennium Child Support Group as a catalyst
Between now and 2025, we aim to positively impact the lives of 1.7 million children living in cocoa-growing areas. We will achieve 25% of the full supply chain coverage required through direct, collaborative action with our members and partners. Millennium Child Support Group influencing efforts will push for the remaining 75% of the full coverage goal, to be committed to and delivered by every member of the Millennium Child Support Group. To make this a reality, we will focus our energy in three areas:
INNOVATION AND LEARNING: Millennium Child Support Group will continue to trial and evaluate new ways of tackling child and forced labour and will conduct research on root causes, effective policies and promising.
2. TECHNICAL ADVOCACY: Millennium Child Support Group will promote the knowledge and learning it generates, engaging in the development of policies and standards, supporting all stakeholders to align their actions for a more coordinated approach and mobilizing resources to unlock investments required for the scale up of effective solutions.
3. CAPACITY AND SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING: Millennium Child Support Group will provide time-limited operational support to its members and partners to set-up child labour and forced labour prevention and remediation mechanisms that can eventually be sustained without Millennium Child Support Group Support, strengthening national, corporate, civil society and community systems and helping them work together.